This weekend we have not one, but two exciting events going on which will take place aboard our favorite pre-civil war party boat, The Clipper City Tall Ship. Just incase you needed a little more persuasion about how awesome these events will be, we concocted this little list of reasons why drinking out on the open water is potentially even more fun than drinking on dry land.
1. The scenery. Unless you’ve taken something you probably shouldn’t have we’re going to assume that the scenery and surroundings at your local pub or club isn’t a constantly changing panoramic view of Manhattan. Jump on board the Clipper City, however, and enjoy amazing and perpetually updated views from the comfort of your sailboat.
2. Built-in air-con… i.e. the breeze. Escape the summer heat the natural way! Cruisin’ around the Hudson on the Clipper City involves all the fun of an outdoor party or event minus the extreme heat we tend to put up with in this city. This way you can stay partying outdoors but beat the sweat patches by enjoying the cool sea breeze.
3. Confined space. Ok, normally these two words together don’t conjure up the most pleasant of images but here at MeanRed we’re ‘glass-full’ kinda people so we like to think we can get a positive out of just about anything. What we’re really getting at is the fact that out on the water you are essentially stuck with the people also aboard. Fortunately for you our parties tend to attract hoards of awesome, interesting and wacky characters so enjoy your confines and mingle with the good people you’re sailing with. By the end of your two hour cruise we can assure you will have met some pretty fuckin cool characters… take our word for it.
4. Built-in sound muffling – scream all you want, nobody can hear you (and not in a creepy horror movie kinda way). No really, the open water provides an excellent way for you to dance, squeal and sing without upsetting your stuffy Manhattan neighbors. Hooray!
5. Escape from the city. Yes it may only be a two hour escape but with the grueling schedules most of us tend to work in this city, you’d be amazed at how two hours offshore will actually feel like a micro break from the stresses of city life.